Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Style Stalk- Janelle Monae

I was a little late on being introduced to my newest style icon, Janelle Monae.  I first heard of her after her collaboration with Fun. for their song "We Are Young".  I fell in love with her modern/classic tuxedo ensembles which she has made her go-to look.  She mixes structured suits and feminine accents like ruffled shirts and femme bow-ties.  While she does not like to refer to her style as "menswear", she still embraces the androgyny chic look--looking dapper as ever!  She completes each of her looks with her signature pompadour which she pulls off effortlessly.  It's safe to say I'm a fan--Call it menswear or not, she definatley wears it better than the boys ;)




I'm definately in the market for some tailored menswear inspired looks.  I may need to wait on the pompadour though-not sure if it's curly hair friendly :)

Danni/O, Human Holiday!

 images via; Stephen Lovekin/Jason Merritt/Getty Images/blog.zingrevolution




No comments:

Post a Comment