Monday, February 25, 2013

Best Dressed: Oscars 2013

Who watched the Oscars last night? What did you think? Overall I was pretty pleased with dress choices made last night. There weren't any utter catastrophes...well, maybe one. But, I'll get to that! Let's start out with the knock-outs!!

1. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture - This girl can do absolutely no wrong in my book. Do you remember her red hot dress from last year? Oh yeah. This may be the exact opposite, with it's feminine curves and light color, but doesn't she look gorgeous? Her makeup was wonderful and her hair classy as ever. I was getting a little bit of a bridal gown vibe from this one, but still, she did a fantastic job; Even if she tripped up a little bit on the way to make her speech.


2. Charlize Theron in Christian Dior Haute Couture: Talk about classy. To this day, Charlize Theron is still one of my favorites. Her gown choices are always on point and perfect for her tall, slender and toned bod. I love this white on her and her dewy makeup look is perfect in every way.


3. Adele in Isabel Christianson: Okay, I love Adele. She's absolutely gorgeous and incredibly talented, but I think she has a lot more potential when it comes to her gown choices. I understand black is slimming and it may be exactly what she's comfortable in, but mix it up a little girl! I loved last year's 50's-esque black gown more than this. Don't get me wrong, I think she looks great, but she can do better!


 4. Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton - I am absolutely loving this new phase in Reese Witherspoon's life. She's dumped the first hubby, moved on, gotten some curves and some gumption and knocked it out of the park with this gorgeous Louis Vuitton dress. I don't think I need to go on.


5. Anne Hathaway in Prada - Okay, this is the train wreck I was talking about. Apparently Anne was supposed to be wearing her typical Valentino and last minute switched to the Prada. I think she made a bad choice. The color is fine, her hair and makeup look great, but was she blind when she got dressed? It fits her terribly, especially in the mid section, the hem on the bottom looks horrible and let's not forget to point out the bust. No, those aren't her nipples, but I'm pretty sure she didn't want to be remembered last night as the Best Supporting Actress who also looked "very, very, cold"


What do you think? Who made it? Who missed it? Give me your thoughts. THANKS!

Syd/O, Human Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment