Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Checkmate!

I've recently started making an effort to add some color back into my wardrobe.  Back in high school and most of college I gravitated towards dark colors- grey, black & white even in mid Summer.  I loved the aspect of sophistication and classic appeal these colors brought to any outfit.  In looking through magazines or on the internet lately, I've been seeing the "Checkered Trend" more and more.  This black/white pattern is so fun and versatile.  It's perfect for mixing bright colors or pairing with black or white for a completely different look.  Louis Vuitton Spring 2013 collection adds color to the "Checkered Trend" using bright greens/yellows for the print.  I think this look is perfect for experimenting with colors and patterns.  If you don't feel brave enough to wear the full checkered print, pair a checked shirt with a colored skirt or pants! :)

Photos: Daniel Tanner/WENN.com, Adam Pretty/Getty Images, Winston Burris/WENN.com, Alexandra Wyman/Getty Images

Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2013 via Style.com

luxo.com

luxo.com

Danni/ O, Human Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment