Monday, March 25, 2013

The Surgery Diet

So as Danielle mentioned in the precious post, it's been a crazy week for me! I got my wisdom teeth out on Friday and have been in bed basically ever since. I'm sure many of you can relate to that! Thank God for meds and ice! So many things I have been able to eat and have helped me tremendously! Juice and smoothies are my best friends this week, and I thought I would share some recipes! These are great for any situation, even when you're just on the go and don't have a lot of time for a nutritious breakfast!

For the Blender:

Berry Smoothie
6 Frozen Strawberries
5 Frozen Blueberries
1 Banana
3 Apples
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
2 Tblsp Protein Powder

Nutter-Butter Smoothie
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 frozen banana, chopped

Strawberry Orange Coconut Smoothie
2 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
1 orange, peeled
1/2 cup coconut milk
4 Ice cubes (optional)

Paul's Recipe
1 Apple
1 Frozen Banana
10 Blueberries
1 1/2 Cups Spinach
1 Cup Fruit Juice
6 Ice Cubes


For the Juicer

Fruit Salad Juice
1 Kiwi - Peeled
6 Strawberries - Medium
1 Orange or 2 Clementines - Peeled
1/2 Mango - Peeled and Sliced
1 cup Pineapple Chunks - Fresh
1/4 cup Coconut Water - Fresh or Canned

Citrus Elixir
1 Orange or 2 Clementines
3 Strawberries
1 Lemon
2 Large Carrots
1/2 inch Fresh Ginger

Mean Green Juice
2 stalks celery
1/2 cucumber
1/2 apple
1/2 lemon
small piece ginger
1/2 green chard leaf
bunch cilantro
5 kale leaves
handful spinach





No comments:

Post a Comment