Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Decorating Designs From Your Favorite Sitcoms!

About 6 months ago I moved into an awesome new apartment! One thing I loved about it, was that I could start fresh with decorating. I had some items that I really loved, but for the most part, I could design exactly the style apartment I wanted. Although it's taken me a while to get my place the way I envisioned it, I'm so happy with the way it's turned out. I've done my share of research on different interior design styles, and have gotten a lot of inspiration from some famous sitcom apartment sets! Check these out!

1. I love the "Friends" kitchen! With the open shelves, variety of colors and tons of unique items, this is exactly the way I would design my dream kitchen!

2. Carrie Bradshaw's bedroom! It's so simple, but incredibly classy! I love the clean lines and the faux headboard with matted photos!

3. Frasier's apartment! This apartment is full of modern furniture. Although, Frasier was a 90's show, the interior design was fairly design forward.

4. The Big Bang Theory apartment. Talk about controlled chaos! Although there is so much going on in this apartment, it's so well design and cohesive, that it works!

5. Two broke girls apartment. This looks like a typical girls apartment, does it not? Although it's small, there are so many cool decorating possibilities! I love the gold up bed area. A great design for a small space!

What do you think of these sitcom apartments? Do you like a particular design the best?!

Syd/O, Human Holiday!









2 comments:

  1. I have never watched Sex and the City but that bedroom is great, even from a guys perspective. Its definitely simple and classy which wouldn't make a guy like me feel like it's too feminine but my favorite part is that it just looks like a really comfortable place to sleep.

    I'm not a fan of Frasiers place but I would love to have that Herman-Miller Eames lounger.

    The Big Bang picture you posted is Rajs apartment but I really dig it. I also like Leonard and Sheldons apartment.

    Unfortunately I couldn't find a better picture than this, but I am a big fan of Dexter's apartment.

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Tun8eDgp8nQ/TQU0hEvl-ZI/AAAAAAAAAhM/nZxRxtLdUZc/s1600/dexter-apartment-2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick! I completely agree with you, and I love that you saw the bedroom for a guy's perspective. I really like Dexter's Apartment. Love the clean lines and unique pieces. Thanks for the input!!

    ReplyDelete