Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The art of nails...

I've done probably one post before about gorgeous manicures and keeping your nails healthy. I'm one of the guilty ones who bites her nails and tries everything in her power to break the habit. Recently, I got my first Shellac manicure and I couldn't have been happier with the results! My nails, genetically, are very thin and break very easily. Having that extra support on the tips will help me get long beautiful nails.

I've never been a huge Nail Art person. I've always stuck with a sophisticated red, or a beautiful neutral color. However, with my new found nail help, I've started checking out cute nail styles that are still sophisticated and DIY! Check these out.

What do you think?
Syd/O, Human Holiday!
Matte Black polish with sparkle gold tips.

Love these two colors together, and you can achieve the same look by using scotch tape to block off the edges you don't want painted.

Such a simple and great idea! Use a sponge for a DIY ombre look. You could even use a sponge eyeshadow applicator so you don't get your fingers covered in the paint.


The gold leaf looks beautiful! I almost wonder if you could achieve a silver look by using everyday household foil?

No comments:

Post a Comment