Monday, January 21, 2013

Things of the past...

My Saturday mornings are usually the same. Sleeping in, throwing on my typical "Saturday Shirt" (long sleeved, extra soft, broken-in), grabbing my morning coffee and preparing myself for a relaxing day of retail therapy. (Does anybody else feel like this description was the perfect story board of a "Cotton" commercial? Eat your heart out, Zooey Deschanel) Anyway, antique shopping is starting to become more of a weekend staple. This weekend was the picture perfect description of my typical Saturday.

I hit 3 places and could not have been happier with the results! Sidney Street Sales, Treasure Aisles and the Green Shag Market were my places of choice. I don't know if there was something in the water, or maybe it was the 60 degree weather, but every corner there seemed to be another person trying to score the same deal I was. This recognition quickly made me turn my "bargain hunting game-face" on and force myself to shop at a quicker pace than all the other hunters in these joints. My withering stare and speedy feet must have paid off, because look at my haul!! I spent a total of $42 for everything at my first two locations, $39 for this amazing vintage saddle (now mounted on the wall in my dining room), made a nail polish shelf, turned the coffee burlap sack into a mock headboard, mounted the bottle crate on my wall to use as a make-shift night stand and continued to decorate the walls in my apartment. Yes, I am okay with this weekend.




Check out these lovely places!!

Sidney Street Sales: On the corner of Sidney and Minnesota in South City
Treasure Aisles Antique Mall: On Big Bend in Maplewood
The Green Shag Market: On Manchester in Dogtown

This message brought to you by Cotton, "the Fabric of Our Lives"

No comments:

Post a Comment