Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dancing Queen

Yesterday marked day 1 of my new hobby--Ballroom Dancing.  I've always wanted to learn, but it took me a while to figure out the style of dance I wanted to stick with.  After a three month stint in adult beginner ballet class, I quickly discovered that dream had passed--I would not be starring in any remake of Black Swan anytime soon.  But don't worry, when my friend approached me to start taking ballroom dancing lessons with him my confindence quickly returned.
I couldn't help but research dance inspired design and fell in love with this aesthetic.  I've posted a few looks that caught my eye.  The structured ruffles,  elaborate embellishments, and draping fabrics would make even a beginner's foxtrot look professional. Watch out, Karina Smirnoff :)

Danni/O, Human Holiday!
Badgley Mischka Resort 2013
Reem Acra Resort 2013
Alexander McQueen Resort 2013

Check out the other designs from Resort 2013 fashion shows here! http://www.style.com/fashionshows/resort


No comments:

Post a Comment