Monday, January 28, 2013

Syd's 4-Step Program for Lazy Sundays and Manic Mondays

This weekend was a blur. We seemed to take everything slowly and casually. Saturday and Sunday were probably the laziest of days, and I realized a few different things in the process.

LOOKING GOOD TAKES 10 MINUTES, A FEW STAPLES, AND A WILLINGNESS TO NOT CARE!

Here's how it went down.

6:00pm Friday: We got all dressed up for a great birthday party for a wonderful friend at my boyfriend's coffee shop.

10:00pm Friday - 9:00pm Sunday: I looked like the female version of Homer Simpson, slumped over the couch watching Breaking Bad, with sweatpants and messy hair.

Okay, I suppose it wasn't that bad. But, I learned a few things from it. As I rolled off the couch on Saturday for some errands, met a friend for coffee on Sunday and even as I was leaving for work this morning, my fine hours as "Female Homer Simpson" would not leave from my head. I refused to break out of my comfortable state. Because of this, I developed Syd's 4-Step Program for Lazy Sundays and Manic Mondays: How to look good in 4 easy steps

Step 1: Put on real pants (I know it's hard), your most comfortable pair of boots and a boyfriend button-down.

The boyfriend button-down is God's little gift to women on Lazy Sundays and Manic Mondays. A fresh color, plaid or print button-down and a hot pair of jeans, is just what you need.




Step 2: Wear a bright colored lipstick

I'm a huge fan of brightly colored lipstick on days like these. It makes your makeup look together and clean without having to try very hard. Today was a YSL #49 kind of day.





 Step 3: Learn to love the messy pony

A look like these takes minutes to achieve and still pulls you together quickly.



Step 4: Trust the process with confidence

By lunch time, you'll have seen several photos of gorgeous women in beautiful dresses, perfect makeup and spectacular flowing locks. You'll look down at your boyfriend's broken-in button down, boots that are past the point of broken in, and you'll start to doubt the first 3 steps. DON'T DO IT! Confidence is crucial in making yourself look put together. Own your casual days with a bright smile and don't forget to be okay with a lazy weekend. You deserve the break.

Syd/O, Human Holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment