Wednesday, January 23, 2013

7 Drugstore Cosmetics I Can't Live Without

A lot of us are in the same spot. It's after Christmas, money was tight and it seems to be getting tighter. Our mascara is dried up, we're out of moisturizer and we didn't realize that one shade of pink lipstick made us look like a marshmallow Peep. You could go to the YSL counter and get that brand new gorgeous lipstick, or you could eat for the week. Decisions. Decisions. Well, to help with the disappointment of not getting exactly the product you hoped for, I've compiled a list of 7 great drugstore cosmetics that I absolutely love! They are well made, and lets face it, amazingly priced!


1. L'Oreal Voluminous Volume Building Mascara (Pictured in 360 Black/Waterproof) - $8.49
 This mascara has never let me down. It builds easily without clumping and lasts all day.

2. Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm (Pictured in Pink Punch)  - $3.99
I love this lip balm!! It's very subtle, adding just a touch of color and makes my lips incredibly soft. Plus it has SPF 20 sunscreen.

3. L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable compact powder (Pictured in C2, Natural Ivory) - $11.49
I have been using this specific compact powder for about 3 years now! It covers incredibly well without looking too matte, it comes with an applicator so you can keep it in your purse, and lasts forever! My only recommendation is to replace the applicator after every few uses. It's a small sponge that stores a lot of bacteria after a while, and that's not something you want to keep applying to your beautiful face.

4. Yes to Blueberries Facial Towelettes - $7.99
I really love the "Yes to" line. The blueberry facial towelette is part of the Age Refresh collection. It's made with blueberries, coconut, lemon peel and apple. These ingredients will clean, remove makeup, moisturize and help brighten your skin all in one per-moistened towelette!

5.  Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Eyeliner (Pictured in Brown 952) - $9.99
This eyeliner is incredibly user friendly. You can keep it subtle, or build it up for a great winged and dramatic line. It comes with a brush that is fine enough to get a really precise line, but can be flattened for a more dramatic look.

6. TRESemme' FreshStart Dry Shampoo - $5.29
On those "second day hair" days. I spray a little dry shampoo on the roots of my hair. I have tried several brands, and really love the feel of the TRESemme' dry shampoo. It doesn't make my hair too powdery and really helps maintain my second day hair style.

7. Quaker Instant Oatmeal - (Shown in Cinnamon & Spice) - $2.88
No, I'm not mistaken. These individual packets of instant oatmeal are an amazing way to start you day with a little at home facial. Add a few pumps of your morning face cleanser to a handful of oats and pack on your face. Let sit 5 minutes and rinse away with warm water. It will tighten your skin and leave it feeling soft and refreshed. Bob from the Biggest Loser approves. :)



Check your local drugstore for price comparisons! I got my prices from www.drugstore.com

Syd/O, Human Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment