Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Syd is goin' camping...

I've always thought of myself as a down-to-earth, pretty spontaneous, slightly adventurous and usually up for anything, kind of a girl! Until my boyfriend asked me if I've ever gone camping. My answer, as embarrassing as it is for me to admit, was "You mean like in a tent?"...Judging by the look on his face, I could tell he was holding back the judgement and simply and sweetly replied "Yes, dear."

Next thing I know, we're planning a camping trip for this weekend. Where we're going to fish. And cook our food on a fire. And sleep in a tent. On the ground. I'm excited about it. I really am.

Hopefully we know eachother well enough now for you to visualize my next move...Yup...Google

"What to do while camping"
"What should I wear on a camping trip?"
"How much should I pack for camping?"
"How to pitch a tent"
"What should I do if my boyfriend wants me to go explore a cave with him and we get bitten by a snake?"

Okay, I didn't Google that last one, but you get the point.

For my time and your attention span's sake, I'm only going to review one of the things I researched. "What should I wear on a camping trip?" (How did you guess that would be the one?!?)

1. Wear Light Layers and nothing fuzzy:
The season you go camping in is definitely going to determine your wardrobe choice. For something at the end of summer, light layers is the best way to go. A t-shirt with a long sleeve flannel on top, is a great way to keep protected from the elements but comfortable.

A lot of people said the best pants to wear, believe it or not, is YOGA PANTS (YES!!!) They're lightweight, but provide warmth and protection from bugs and sticks. They're comfortable if a hike is planned or when you're ready for bed.

Don't forget the high socks and thick boots!


Pretty darn cute.

What To Wear: Going Camping
Thank you someone from www.thesweetestoccasion.com for
reading my mind.

2. Don't wear any perfume or scented hair products
Bugs are attracted to scents! Simple as that!

3. Dry Shampoo
You may want to come to terms with the fact that you may not be showering for a couple of days. Dry Shampoo can be a great way to refresh your hair without the use of water.

4.  Makeup Choices
The whole point of camping is to get in touch with nature and enjoy the great outdoors, right? Do your best to nix the makeup (if I can survive a day or two, so can you). But if necessary, look for things with minimal scent, high SPF, lightweight and waterproof. The less products you pack, the better. I think every girl should be able to get away with these 3 products.

Love my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
SPF 30, great coverage and super light.
Burt's Bees Sun Protecting Lip Balm will do the trick.
Great for moisture in the elements.
L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara.
Kind of a God-Send

Here goes nothin'!! Do you have any camping trips planned for this summer or fall?! Tell us how they go in the comments below.

Syd/O, Human Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment