Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Chicago Bound #1

This weekend my boyfriend Paul and I are trekking to Chicago for a much needed mini-vacation. We both celebrated birthdays this month, so instead of spending the cash on elaborate gifts, we decided to take a trip together. Now I don't know about you, but when it comes to vacations, I kind of go into crazy mode and everything must be planned and organized. Everything I could possibly need or desire is on a mental packing list and every detail is carefully planned out. I wish I could just be one of those girls who throws 4 pairs of shorts and 7 T-shirts into a bag and calls it a day, but who am I trying to kid here?!

As it happens, I'm in the process of creating a Road Trip playlist on Spotify! They say getting there is half the fun, and I think they're right! The right tunes can get anyone in a great mood! So far I've got a great little list going of all of our favorites (mostly my favorites, but he's not picky), some classics, some booty shakers and a lot of feel-good grooves.

Check out some of the tunes I wrangled up! What do you think of this Road Trip mix? What are some of your favorite Road Trip Songs?!

Syd/O, Human Holiday!



1. A Real Hero - College & Electric Youth
2. Get Some - Lykke Li
3. Skinny Love - Bon Iver
4. Falling - Haim
5. A Sunday Smile - Beirut
6. Weekend Wars - MGMT
7. Electric Bloom - Foals
8. Walcott - Vampire Weekend
9. I Was Made for You - She & Him
10. Sweet Talkin' Woman - Electric Light Orchestra
11. Midnight City - M83
12. Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver
13. Ragged Wood - Fleet Foxes
14. Kick Drum Heart - The Avett Brothers
15. Montana - Youth Lagoon
16. Black & Blue - Miike Snow
17. Tumbleweed - Scarlet Tanager
18. Blister In the Sun - Violent Femmes
19. I'm Shakin' - Jack White
20. Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show
21. 9 To 5 - Dolly Parton
22. Back In Your Head - Tegan And Sara
23. Amor Fati - Washed Out
24. Rum & Coca Cola - The Andrews Sisters
25. Shakin' All Over - Wanda Jackson
26. Another Travelin' Song - Bright Eyes
27. When I Grow Up - First Aid Kid
28. It's Not You It's Me - Coconut Records
29. On Melancholy Hill - Gorillaz
30. Phantom Limb - The Shins


No comments:

Post a Comment