Monday, September 9, 2013

The Messy Look

If I've learned anything the past couple of weekends, it's been how to fall in love with the "un-done" hair look. After spending the weekend camping 2 weeks ago (it went great by the way) and this past weekend spending all my time outside (in the heat) for LouFest music festival, I'd say I've mastered the look.

You can take the look one or two different ways, and I've done both!

1. Messy Up-do
For me, this meant throwing my curly mop up into a messy top-knot. To keep the style together and still give my hair texture, I...

Started with a little styling cream
Let my hair air dry
Added a light hairspray to help keep from frizzing in the hot breeze
Tied it up with a hair tie

These girls know exactly what I'm talkin' about.
 

LouFest Day 2

 2. Let it fly
The second version of the messy look, is to just let your hair fall where it may! I completely respect the woman who can pull off this look and still look 100% put together. I'm still working on it, but my hair is naturally curly and tends to get large and frizzy if I don't tame it somehow. To help achieve this look you can...

Spray hair with sea-salt spray or texture spray while it's wet
Let it air dry
Note: Make sure you let your hair air dry with your part in the correct place. There's nothing worse than having to try to work around a bad part.


Or my method

Throw in some anti-frizz styling mousse or creme
Let air dry while periodically grabbing hair in medium to large pieces, twisting and twirling hair through the fingers. This keeps my curl in tact and aids in the non-frizzing process.



    
LouFest Day 1
Syd/O, Human Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment