Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I'll tell you all my secrets: Part 4

All these tips I've shared so far are all well and good for looking your best on the OUTSIDE, but as well all know, taking care of your body on the inside should be considered first and foremost. That's right, the words you all know "EAT RIGHT AND EXCERCISE!"

Well, here are a few things that might make your healthy lifestyle easier.




Healthy Eating: It may come to no surprise to you, that eating healthy tends to be more expensive. However, if you plan correctly, you could fill your refrigerator with local, organic and delicious fruits and vegetables without spending too much.

I know of at least 2 websites that work with local farmers to supply neighborhoods like ours with fresh produce

Green Bean Delivery: They are a local delivery service that will mail  fresh fruits and veggies to your doorstep! I have not yet used this myself, but have friends who RAVE about it! You must spend a minimum of $35 dollars, but what you get in return is a great deal. One basket in particular, is packed with enough fruits and vegetables for 2-3 people and has a variety of 6-8 different types of produce! Check em out!

The St. Louis Area Community Helpings Coop : This great site is a locally run coop that allows you to buy each product individually. With incredibly priced fresh produce, you can build you cart with just the things you know you'll eat. On top of that, they also sell flowers, dry goods and gluten free items. Like GreenBean they also provide a "Produce Basket" type product. The basket costs $21.50 and is designed to supply a family of four for up to two weeks! Check out the website for more information and groups in your area.

You can also get a big bang for your buck by visiting your local Farmer's Market!


Getting Excercise: To really notice a difference and feel your best, exercising is a must. You may have your routine of running outside or going to the gym. That's great! But if your like me, you'll get bored every once in a while with the same old routine.

Well, it may sound silly, but some of my favorite things to do is use a workout video in my own living room. I started using videos with my mother when I was about 8. We would do Richard Simmons: Sweatin' to the Oldies. I got such a kick out of it growing up. Believe it or not, you don't have to go out and BUY copies of these old and new workout videos. YouTube is starting to collect not just portions, but full versions of these videos. Just the other day I pulled up an entire Taebo class! It was such a great workout and was very unlike a normal routine.

 What do you think of these tips? I would love to hear your routine as well!
Syd/O, Human Holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment